The Library is open all day, including break and lunchtime. The Librarian is available between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. every day. Year 8 Student Librarians help at the Issue Desk at lunchtimes and Sixth Form Librarians assist before 9:00 a.m. and after 2:30 p.m. You are welcome to come in before school or at 3:05 p.m. after school to read a book or do your homework.
If you are in the Sixth Form, please make use of the quiet, comfortable study facilities, resources and laptops provided by the Library throughout the day to support your independent learning.
Please bring your Library card to the desk to issue books.
- Years 7 to 11 may borrow 2 items
- Years 12 & 13 may borrow 4 items
Choosing a reading Book
- Cover - Does the cover look exciting?
- Title - Does it sound appealing?
- Blurb - When I read the blurb does it sound interesting? (Look on the back of the book!)
- Author - Have I heard of this author? Do I like other books they have written?
- Key Words - Does it say "based on a TV show" or "mystery" or other things I like?
- Genre - Do I like this type of book (for example comic or adventure)
- "Dip in" - Choose a page and read it. Do I like what I read?
Please click here to see what books are available in the Library: