Library Newsletter - No:1 - 'Beyond the Books' - June 2020
Library Newsletter - No:2 - 'Beyond the Books' - July 2020
Library Newsletter - No:3 - 'Beyond the Books' - October 2020
Library Newsletter - No:4 - 'Beyond the Books' - December 2020
Library Newsletter - No:5 - 'Beyond the Books' - February 2021
Library Newsletter - No:6 - 'Beyond the Books' - June 2021
Library Newsletter - No:7 - 'Beyond the Books' - December 2021
Recommended Reading Lists
Read a selection of the classics to complete the Bronze, Silver and Gold levels. House points and other rewards are given for completing each level and students who complete the Gold level will have their names engraved on a plaque in the Library.
The Library is open throughout the day for Sixth Form use and Library lessons. Students are also welcome before school, during break and lunchtime. The Sixth Form have exclusive use of the Library Quiet Study Area.
Please bring your Library card to the desk to issue books.
- Years 7 to 11 may borrow 2 items
- Years 12 & 13 may borrow 4 items
Choosing a Reading Book
- Cover - Does the cover look exciting?
- Title - Does it sound appealing?
- Blurb - When I read the blurb does it sound interesting? (Look on the back of the book!)
- Author - Have I heard of this author? Do I like other books they have written?
- Key Words - Does it say "based on a TV show" or "mystery" or other things I like?
- Genre - Do I like this type of book (for example comic or adventure)
- "Dip in" - Choose a page and read it. Do I like what I read?
Please click here to see what books are available in the Library: