Current Course Information
Curriculum and Provision
In Year 7 all pupils learn French, German and Spanish for 2 hours per fortnight each. In Year 8 and Year 9 they choose two of the languages and continue learning them for 3 hours per fortnight each until the end of the Key Stage.
In Year 10 pupils may choose French, German or Spanish for GCSE Level. They have 5 hours per fortnight in each language. Some students choose to continue with two languages.
At KS5 we currently offer French, German and Spanish to A-Level. They have 9 hours of teaching per fortnight.
- Year 10 GCSE AQA French (8658), German (8668), Spanish (8698)
- Year 11 GCSE AQA French (4655), German (4655), Spanish (4695)
- Year 13 A2 AQA French (2650), German (2660), Spanish (2695)
Current course materials:
• Year 7 - In-house material developed by the MFL Team
• Year 8 - Expo 2 Rouge, Viva 2, Echo 2
• Year 9 - Dynamo 3, Echo 3, Mira 3
• Year 10/11 - Pearson Education AQA GCSE Studio, AQS GCSE Stimmt! AQA GCSE Viva!, Expo AQA GCSE, Echo AQA GCSE, Mira AQA GCSE
• Year 12/13 - Hodder Education A-Level French, German and Spanish