BTEC - Level 3 National Diploma in Forensic and Criminal Investigation
This qualification is equivalent to two A-Levels. It can be combined with another field of study or with a Biology, Chemistry or Physics A-Level. The course encompasses the same content taught in Level 3 BTEC Applied Science. It is an appropriate choice for progress to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily Criminology or Forensics. 8 Units will be completed over two years.
What will I learn on this course?
You will have the opportunity to:
· Develop your laboratory skills and techniques with real world scenarios;
· Further study Biology, Chemistry and Physics at a post-16 level;
· Get hands-on experience in using real forensic techniques including the collection of evidence and analysis of a mock crime scene;
· Explore the theories that are used to measure, tackle and prevent crime and criminal behaviour in England and Wales; and
· Study Criminal Law and take part in a mock trial.
How will I be assessed for this course?
· Coursework: 54%
· External Examination: 46%